London is a city that never sleeps, and this weekend is no exception. Whether you’re looking for culture, entertainment, food, or fun, there’s something for everyone in the capital. Here are some of the best things to do in London this weekend:
- Watch a festive drag musical at the Shaftesbury Theatre. Chriskirkpatrickmas is a lovably eccentric, beautifully crafted all-female show about NSYNC founder Chris Kirkpatrick. Expect catchy tunes, hilarious jokes, and fabulous costumes. The show runs until December 30.
- Enjoy phenomenal Thai cookery at Kolae. This new restaurant in Borough Market is from the team behind Som Saa, and it delivers authentic and delicious dishes from northern Thailand. Try the grilled pork neck, the spicy beef salad, or the coconut and pandan custard.
- See the stunning ceramic sculptures by Ron Nagle at Modern Art. The American artist creates tiny compositions that conjure infinite imaginary worlds. His works are colourful, whimsical, and surreal, and they will challenge your perception of space and form. The exhibition is on until January 6.
- Discover the history of the Lavergne family breakfast at the Wallace Collection. This exhibition focuses on a remarkable painting by Jean-Étienne Liotard, a Swiss artist who travelled to Turkey and adopted an oriental style. The painting depicts a wealthy French family enjoying a lavish breakfast, and it reveals fascinating details about their lives and tastes. The exhibition is on until February 13.
- Embrace the warm weather with an al fresco lunch at one of London’s best restaurants. Whether you’re in the mood for spaghetti in the sun or schnitzel by starlight, London has plenty of options for outdoor dining.
- Watch a great new show at one of the capital’s open-air theatres. There’s nothing more magical than seeing a play or musical in the open air, and London has plenty of venues to choose from. Whether you prefer Shakespeare or Sondheim, comedy or tragedy, you’ll find something to suit your taste.
- Spend a lazy afternoon in one of the nicest beer gardens in the city. There are few better ways to make the most of a sunny (or not-so-sunny) afternoon in London than by spending it in a beer garden. Supping on a couple of cold ‘uns with yer mates feels good anywhere, but there’s something seriously special about pints under London’s famous skies.
Whatever you feel like doing this weekend, you can guarantee that London has the answer. Don’t forget that you can also check out digital magazine for more inspiration and tips. You have absolutely no excuse to be bored in London ever again!